May 8, 2009

Aftermath

Wow, it's already been two weekends since our bitchlor* party and I haven't had a chance to post until now! As soon as we got back, things got all crazy at work, so I've been pulling the long hours.

New Orleans is awesome! Great bars, great people, great music, and holy shit great food. The only thing I couldn't deal with is the southern heat, but luckily it wasn't too bad when we were there.

Highlights:
- Cheap, heavily alcoholic, well mixed drinks. $23 a round, anyone?!
- Raw oysters the size of my palm, the best damn ones I've ever had
- Getting a lap dance to Massive Attack's Angel!
- Watching Ellis Marsalis play live
- Frenchmen Street taco truck. Pork and pineapple, yum
- Tiger crawl through the limo!
- Zapp's chips: strangely tasty, even the Cajun dill
- Quick goth fix: Above ground cemetery crypts
- Beautiful galleries and boutiques, window shopping heaven!
- Abita beer, ubiquitous all over the city and hits the spot
- Pounds of boiled crawfish! I finally satisfied my 10 year itch for these delectable critters
- Heart shaped sinks in the condo bathroom, yay kitsch!
- Street party in the middle of nowhere...is this a residential zone?
- Club music, soul style!
- Music still thumping at 6 AM; I swear this is the real city that never sleeps
- Seeing artists working on Mardi Gras floats in the warehouse
- Did I mention the food? It's incredible!

Definitely a place I want to revisit!

* combined bachelor/bachlorette

No comments: