June 22, 2009

Road Trip!

This past weekend, we spent 20 hours driving to Dayton, OH and back.

You ask, "Why?"

Well...







Nothing compares to a corset made from scratch to fit you exactly. I've worn off the shelf and even one cut to measure, but this is entirely something else. Despite being squeezed to an impossible circumference, it still felt more comfortable than any other corset I've worn. And that's before the flexible ring boning and satin lining!

A seamstress working directly with your body is amazing. I can see why people get addicted to couture fashion - when someone creates clothing exclusively for you, it just feels right. This was just the beginning too! Minute adjustments are being made, even now (if you look closely, you can see her writing all over the canvas pattern).

Not to mention, I am in love, love, love with that red. The final corset will be that color too, with gold embroidery. And the sleeves will be gold charmeuse once complete.

I commissioned the dress several months ago, but she had to move, due to family issues. This was definitely worth the long drive, though! I can't wait for it to be finished!

1 comment:

Stupid Cupid Commandant said...

NYC -> Dayton huh? I hope she got a floorplan upgrade :).

Next time I get a custom fit corset, I'll see if I have the same sentiments :).