August 27, 2009

Jitters?

Last night, I had my first wedding "nightmare." In my dream, my boobs disappeared the morning of the ceremony and suddenly my gown wouldn't hold up. A frantic scramble ensued to find all sorts of tape and glue and padding, none of which worked. Somehow the photographer got involved (eh?!) cutting up sheets of sticky vellum to fit around my chest. We even stuffed the gown with bubble wrap, to try bulking it up.

Isn't it odd to dream about something that could never physically happen? I know brides have nightmares about catering being bad, flowers arriving late, inclement weather, losing/gaining weight and all sorts of possible disasters. But me, I dream about vanishing boobs. Maybe it reflects some unconscious worry that my gown won't fit. But it sure was a weird way of showing that!

1 comment:

D said...

So, this dream sort-of came true... :)