November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in the Sun




Just returned from an eight day trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, for a destination wedding. This was my first all-inclusive resort experience, and it was pretty fun, although I probably wouldn't do it again. It's nice getting food and drinks whenever and wherever you want (plus, they were extremely generous with the alcohol) but I discovered I'm not really a beach person. I enjoyed the pool, horseback riding, and snorkeling (another first for me!) and it was great relaxing amid the coconut trees and sand, but after a few days, I was ready for something else.

Did I mention they were extremely generous with the alcohol?



Overall, it was a good vacation. There were some hiccups with the particular resort we stayed at, but the wedding was beautiful and the setting was lush. Definitely the warmest Thanksgiving of my life!

2 comments:

Stupid Cupid Commandant said...

Wow! I'm jealous...and I like free booze :). I hear ya on the change of pace thing tho - I had the same kind of feeling being on a cruise ship for awhile.

D said...

HAT!!!!