October 5, 2010

Rotten Tea

I didn't actually hate the tea party until now.

On the Nov 2010 statewide ballot in Missouri will be Proposition B, also called the "Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act."

And next Tuesday, the Missouri Tea Party will be hosting a Vote NO on Proposition B meeting.

What the fuck?

Granted, the Missouri Tea Party isn't the only opponent of this Act. But to see them join the ranks of large scale commercial breeders and puppy mill operators just gets my blood boiling. In my eyes, those groups are the lowest scum and filth of the earth. For any political organization to ally themselves with such ilk is simply abhorrent. The tea party always struck me as a bunch of idiots who enjoy bitching, but not providing viable solutions. I understand it's a stressful time and everybody needs an outlet. But to direct that energy against helpless animals, especially dogs, who have been bred as sensitive companions keenly attuned to their environments and reliant on us for physical and social fulfillment, is sinking to a whole other level.

Yeah, I know it's just this Missouri chapter, and that doesn't necessarily reflect the entire movement. But I don't doubt they are receiving some national funding and the fact that anyone who professes to be in this party could be against something like Proposition B just leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth.

No comments: