March 20, 2012

New Car!

Eight years and 153,000 miles later, I finally got a new car.

And it's another Ford Focus hatchback. Because apparently I'm going to chain buy these things until they're discontinued.

My old car drives fine, actually. It's still in my possession with just the normal wear-and-tear you'd expect from years of new england driving. Hell, it even survived minus 10 degree weather on a 600 mile Vermont road trip two months ago.

But I've tolerated an onerous commute with antiquated vehicle amenities for long enough. No more awkward headsets and tangled cords. No more fishing around for CDs or unwinding ipod speaker buds. Now I have bluetooth, voice commands, two USB ports and an SD reader at my fingertips. Plus, the new car has better gas mileage and it's nice to be back on warranty again!

No comments: