May 4, 2012

March 2012 Eco-Emi Box

Review of the March 2012 Eco Emi box! All products listed below are linked on their site.

Bella Bars: Cinnamon Nut Raw Bar - Delicious flavor, but the gooey raw texture just did not work for me.

Vitacare: Pomegranate Gum - Had barely any taste, and in just a few seconds, it was like chewing chalk paste. Definitely not something I would buy.

Vitacare: Toothbrush - It's...a toothbrush. I haven't used it yet, but looks like your typical manual toothbrush. I do like that it's made from biodegradable & recycled materials.

Old Post Road Oils: Pear Tree Specialty Soap - Liquid soap sample. Has a light refreshing scent. Pleasantly astringent. Seems too mild for body washing, but I love it as a facial cleanser. My skin is combination dry/oily and this soap left my face feeling fresh & clean.

Auromere Ayurvedic: Patchouli Incense - Strong! The sample contained just three mini sticks, but the scent of patchouli was pervasive. I'm a big fan of patchouli, the dirtier & earthier, the better, and these fit the bill nicely. However, I don't burn incense sticks, so I ended up gifting these. The company looks really interesting though, and I might buy some of their other products.

Badger Balm: Lip Tint - No color indicator on the sample, but I think I got "Rose Tourmaline." A bit waxy and hard until it warms up on your lips. The shimmer is soft & subtle. I don't normally wear lip tint, but I'm keeping this around for those rare occasions.

Green Body Green Planet: Revitalize Shampoo & Conditioner - I actually like their product from last month better (the "Energy" version). This one smells kind of weird and left my hair feeling a bit more dry.

The All Natural Face: Vegan Eye Shadow - Such pretty powders! I got 'Rose Gold' and 'Warm Honey', both lovely shades. Easy to apply, feels smooth and light.

The All Natural Face: Vegan Eye Liner - A black gel which came in a pot with a cute little brush applicator. It was creamy and gentle, but difficult for me to control. Had a tendency to clump and I kept having to wipe excess off the applicator. Once on, it was nice. But I prefer a pencil form factor.

No comments: