August 31, 2012

StitchFix #3

Third shipment from StitchFix and their last chance to impress me...

* Topin - dolman button back sweater: Basically a large oatmeal colored smock. The fabric felt cheap and the fit was terrible, like wearing an old sheet. I did not like this.

* Camilla Tree - pleated skirt: Beautiful green skirt with lovely swishing pleats. But there was a flaw in how the fabric lined up with the zipper seam, making an odd shaped bulge beneath my hips. This totally destroyed the silhouette of the skirt. If it weren't for that, I would have kept this.

* Sanctuary - Alpes cotton henley sweater: The waffle texture on this henley made it look like underwear. It was also quite tight, not something that felt comfortable on me.

* MM Couture - sleeveless crossover blouse: I loved the pattern on this blouse and the style was nice. But the crossover portion was way too big for my chest and puffed out like a pelican pouch. Another bad fit.

* GGO: Roche Cowl Neck Jersey Dress: Nice dark blue knee-length dress made with sustainable bamboo in a comfortable jersey knit. It was warm and fit well, except for the cowl. Instead of making a nice sweep along my neckline and chest, it kept bending in half, flopping over instead of draping. I didn't like how this looked, so I didn't keep the dress.

Well, three strikes for StitchFix. I have cancelled my account with them and look forward to the more personalized, better curated efforts of CakeStyle.

No comments: