October 29, 2012

August 2012 Eco-Emi Box

Review of the August 2012 Eco Emi box! All products listed below are linked on their site.

Better Life: Cool Calm & Collected Citrus Mint Lotion - The citrus smell is a little weird to me. The lotion itself is quite nice, not super amazing, but does the job.

Botanical Interests: Lettuce Special Medley Organic Seeds - It's not really planting season and I don't have room to grow indoors. But the mix in this packet sounds interesting - Lolla Rossa & Oak Leaf lettuce, bibb lettuce, arugula, mizuna and bok choi. The seeds are for the 2012 season, but I'll try these for spring 2013 and see if they're still OK!

Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques: Orchard Body Glitter - Sparkly! Very nice powder, goes on smooth. I don't wear glitter often, so this sample will last me a long time!

Auromere: Ayurvedic Himalayan Rose Soap - This bar smells amazing, robust earthy rose. A bit harsh; it strips away grease and dead skin but doesn't moisturize enough, so my skin is rubbery afterwards. I think it's good for oily areas, but not something I would use all over.

Naiad Soaps: French Vanilla Lip Balm - Super cute lip balm tin. Lovely product, not too greasy and smells like bakery vanilla.

Moody Sisters: Hydrating Sugar Scrub - Has a nice minty scent and scrubs gently. I think it's too oily for me, but would be great for dry skin!

Aura Cacia: Organic Milk & Oat Bath with Chamomile - It hasn't been cold enough for a soak, but this looks promising. It's more like a cream, instead of the bath salts I normally use, so I'm looking forward to trying this out, once winter rolls around.

Artisana: Organic Raw Pecan Butter - Not my thing. Has an unpleasant gritty mushy texture and tastes like cardboard.

Rainbow Research Corporation: French Green Clay Facial Mask Powder - Very generous sample! I did the basic mixture with water and there was more than enough to slather all over my face. It smelled odd, musty and dirty. As it dried, it tightened and cracked, to the point where it was painful, like the mask was pinching me. After rinsing, my skin was very dry and peeling. I guess I need to add some oil into the mixture, otherwise this mask completely strips moisture away. It definitely lifts dirt and grease and I could feel my pores open and cleansed. But without lotion or added oils, it's quite harsh on the skin.

Frontier Natural Products: Herbs Sampler - A lovely selection of dried herbs! Lavender, Rosemary, Mint & Lemongrass. These were very high quality and I enjoyed using them for tea and cooking.

No comments: