January 20, 2013

December 2012 Eco-Emi Box

Review of the December 2012 Eco Emi box! All products listed below are linked on their site.

Bulldog: Natural Skin Care Moisturizer - Intended as a men's product, but I like it! Smells great, a vetiver base with light citrus overtones. A little on the thin side, so I had to use a lot, but it leaves my skin incredibly soft and smooth.

Better Botanicals: Apricot Eye Therapy Cream - Not sure this really helps lines or bags around the eyes. It has a soft texture without feeling greasy and not much scent, but didn't seem to do much.

Fundamental Earth: Organic Mint Fundamental Face Scrub - This cleans really well, removing grime and oil, leaving my face refreshed. It has a soft herbal scent, not too minty or strong. After rinsing, my skin was a little dry, so definitely requires moisturizer to follow up. I normally hate gritty scrubs, but the aprioct bits in this product are gentle and don't feel scratchy, which means I would be willing to buy more.

Burt’s Bees: Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream - Strong lavender scent. Very thick, dense cream. It's hard and rubbery, doesn't spread easily and feels like I need to use a lot for coverage. A decent hand cream but nothing amazing.

Auromere: Ayurvedic Licorice Toothpaste - A full size tube, and the licorice flavor is quite pleasant! Has a gentle scent and taste, left my mouth feeling clean. However, it contains SLS - this won't stop me from using the product, but it's surprising, considering the Eco-Emi philosophy.

100% PURE Skincare: Vegan Assorted Body Creams - I got vanilla bean and it smells awesome, like a fresh bakery cupcake with vanilla frosting. Nice smooth lotion, a bit on the oily side, but still a decent product. I will definitely finish my sample, though probably won't buy more.

Eco Dent: Original Mint Gum - Very effective, minty fresh gum. Really works, even on morning coffee dragon breath. The only drawback, it leaves the mouth kind of dry.

Eco Dent: DailyCare Toothpowder - I've never used a toothpaste powder before. It's a neat idea, good for travel and reducing packaging. This works really well, it left my teeth and mouth feeling so clean. But WHOA the taste! Very, very salty, like brushing with the ocean. It turned into a thick salty foam in my mouth and made me gag. If it weren't for the salty taste, I think this would be a perfect product for me.

Organic Indulgence: Chocolate Mint Lip Butter - Normally I don't like chocolate scented beauty products, but this isn't too strong. A good solid lip balm.

Willamette Valley Granola Company: Vanilla Bean Granola Chips - Satisfying crunchy texture, but too sweet. It was like eating commercial cereal, way too sugary for my tastes.

Tallulah Jane: Aiyana Perfume - Starts off with a strong alcohol burn, but then the scent comes out: top notes of lemon, with a layer of roses and other soft florals, over a woodsy spice base. It's a pretty scent and deeper than most standard perfume products. However, I have other perfume preferences, so this one is not for me.

Blissoma: Tone-Adaptive Energy Tonique - Smells lovely, like fresh dewy rose petals, with a silky soft finish. I did not feel much difference on my skin after using this product, but I do like the scent. I'll finish the sample, but won't be buying more.

No comments: