March 28, 2009

I've Been Working on the Railroad...

Actually, no. But I have been working my ass off. A side effect of being in a countercyclical business. Sure, I picked this line of work knowing the tougher the economy gets, the more hours I'd have to put in. But I didn't know it would get quite this crazy. It doesn't help that the wedding planning is happening now too!

Before I head back to work, I must say: all that news you hear about bank "stress" tests, viability, and oversight? Well, that's me, working 90 hour weeks, to provide all the extra data, modeling, reporting, and paperwork for various doomsday and audit scenarios. So thanks, American taxpayers! You want to tax my bonus at 90% (which I don't think will become law, but you've made your feelings clear) while requiring me to comply with additional regulation (which, by the way, you will never see, because the problem with our regulatory system isn't that we don't have enough - it's that there's no central repository where the public can hold anyone accountable). I understand that you're pissed, but it sucks that your anger means I have to work weekends!

No comments: