June 5, 2010

Crafts in the Park

Went to the Renegade Craft Fair today in Brooklyn. Me plus artists selling their wares equals serious wallet danger. I am such a sucker for handmade stuff.

My favorites:

* Awesome wood block print studio: Tugboat Printshop

* Hand painted resin from Fernworks. The photos on her website don't do these mini masterpieces justice. They actually have an incredible 3D depth effect.

* I can't quite explain The Mincing Mockingbird. He is clearly talented - several of his original paintings were on display and quite amazing. But then he does this thing with the subtext...it almost feels like a gimmick, except it's too damn well executed.

* Pretty shiny silver things: Daphne Olive

1 comment:

Stupid Cupid Commandant said...

I swung by this when it was in SF and will have to say that it was awesome. Its where I met the following peeps: 5733 and Korrupt Label. I love indie design.