June 24, 2012

May 2012 Eco-Emi Box

Review of the May 2012 Eco Emi box! All products listed below are linked on their site.

Beeluxe: Chocolate Lip Balm - Not a fan of chocolate flavored lip balm, so this will pass to someone else.

Beeluxe: Mangosteen & Pineapple Candle Tin - Nice 3.5 oz tin! The smell of the candle doesn't travel far, but nearby, it wafts a lovely tropical scent, fruity and bright. The fragrance did not irritate my nose the way some candles do. I wouldn't mind trying some of their other scents!

The Seaweed Bath Company: Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan Shampoo (Unscented) & Conditioner (Citrus) - The shampoo smells very grassy & mossy. It lathers well but left my hair feeling quite dry. The conditioner smelled nicer and did a good job of restoring moisture. These did the job, but I was not overtly impressed.

Beanitos: Pinto Beans & Flax Chips - Like eating crunchy crispy refried beans! I'm not a huge fan of beans and these definitely have a strong bean flavor. But what a cool idea, especially mixing it up with flax seeds. These would be great for nachos!

The All Natural Face: Mint Infused Vegan Lip Gloss in Peppermint Icing - Mmmm, smells so good! The color was not good for me, too bright and pink, but I like the texture and shimmer.

The All Natural Face: Tangerine Vegan Lip Exfolient - I wanted to eat this scrub! Delicious sugary citrus scent. It completely strips away oils and dead skin, to the point where it made my lips burn a little. I applied lip balm immediately after and now my lips feel super clean and moisturized. This is strong stuff, a tiny dab goes a long way!

Glee Gum: Spearmint - Sadly, my sample was empty and didn't have any gum pieces, so I really couldn't try this :(

Ellbees: Original Garlic Seasoning & Rub - Yum! We soaked pork chops in this wet rub, then did a simple saute in olive oil. Great roasted garlic flavor. I think it would do better on chicken or fish, or something slightly bitter like broccoli rabe or kale. Definitely liked this one!

Barleans: Omega Swirl Vegan Oil in Blackberry; Omega Swirl Fish Oil in Mango Peach - I confess, I could not make myself try these. In general, I don't take supplements. My philosophy is that nature intended us to consume nutrients in the form of whole foods, not isolated individual packets. So long story short, I would prefer to get my omegas from fish & dark greens.

No comments: