August 14, 2012

CakeStyle Box #2

My 2nd CakeStyle box! * 5 tops * 2 bottoms * 2 dresses * 2 jackets * 1 jewelry piece

Tracy Reese Convertible Chemise: The green/black print wasn't too bad, but the top half was super poofy and looked like a lumpy sack on me.

Tees by Tina Strap Camisole: Nice wardrobe staple, but too long for me and also not something I need at the moment.

Olive & Oak Chiffon Blouse: I liked this breezy, comfortable top, but there were some issues with the seams on the front panel. I think it was a manufacturing defect, so I didn't keep this one.

Cynthia Steffe "Loretta" Blouse: There's always room for a white blouse in my closet, but not this one. The frilly collar made me look like a court jester. Such a shame, since I loved the silky material and trendy cut.

Theory "Shinna" Blazer: Lightweight, fits well, and the color goes with everything. I actually found this blazer at my local Theory outlet and bought it there!


Black Halo "Murphy" Mini: Bold red dress! Beautiful bright color and super comfortable. However, the shoulders were bulky, too 80's power suit for me.

Elie Tahari "Christa" Dress: Elie Tahari is quickly becoming a favorite. Aside from being a gorgeous lilac color, this silk dress fit perfectly. Sophisticated and sweet, a total keeper for me!


Paige "Skyline" Ankle Peg Jeans: I don't own any colored jeans, so these were intriguing. The dark purple was a good choice, easy to pair with other colors but also stands out from the common blue. Unfortunately, the jeans were too tight, so I returned them.

Robert Rodriguez Blazer: Too large & loose for me. Plus, not a huge fan of the material. It was slippery and slightly fuzzy, somewhere between velvet and suede. The gold button accents were charming and overall it's well designed. Just not for me.

Earnest Sewn "Harlan" Cigarette Jean: Most comfortable jeans I have ever tried! Amazingly soft, lines at all the right places. The waist was a bit tight, so I sent this one back, but did ask them to send another size up if possible!

I forgot to take pictures of two other items:

Trina Turk "Lorenden" Cardigan: Here's a link to this one. When I tried it on, I felt like someone's grandmother. While the embellishments are nicely made, the style just didn't work for me.

House of Harlow Sunburst Pendant: Quite the statement piece! I actually liked this design, but it was huge and I usually don't wear giant pendants or goldtone accessories. However, it got me interested in House of Harlow jewelry. They have an edgy yet simple style which I find appealing.

This was a great follow-up to the first box. I asked for less jewelry & more tops, and they delivered! I love that there are complete outfits and I've been introduced to more interesting designers. I'm definitely excited about the next shipment!

No comments: