August 10, 2012

Stitch Fix #1

My first StitchFix shipment arrived! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take photos like with the first CakeStyle box. There are 5 pieces in each "Fix" and I know this isn't too interesting without pictures, but at least it gives an idea of what they sent:

* THML - cotton cropped top: Pretty peasant-style blouse with neckline crochet details. I almost bought this, but it was just a bit too sheer and girly.

* MM Couture - dress: Generic knee-length dress, not impressed by the design. Plus, the top half didn't fit me at all.

* Lovers + Friends - slit sleeve blouse: Love the deep cobalt blue color, but it totally made me feel like a pirate. I don't think the slit sleeve style is for me...

* BB Dakota - "Wren" dress in black: This is the only piece I kept. I usually don't like gauzy material, but this came with a detachable slip and had a cute 70s mod feel.

* Aryn K - cutout silk tank: I specified that I don't like yellow, but they sent this bright banana-hued confection anyway. Though the color was terrible on me, the style and material weren't bad.

I found the StitchFix service kind of disappointing. Even though I filled out a comprehensive survey when signing up, it seems they didn't pay much attention and just sent whatever was on hand. It's always fun opening a mystery box of clothes, but it's frustrating not liking most of the items.

I'm willing to give them another chance. But so far, I'm not impressed.

No comments: