May 8, 2013

CakeStyle Box #5

* 6 tops * 3 pants * 2 dresses * 1 jacket * 2 accessories

Some light spring styles in this box, starting with this cute outfit:

French Connection Floral Blouse: This is a prime example of why I love the CakeStyle service! If I had seen this shirt online or hanging off a rack, I would have ignored it. I normally don't like flower prints or pastels. But since this came in the box, I figured it was worth trying. Turns out, it's comfortable, flattering and the print is not too noisy. The colors actually work on me and I ended up keeping this shirt. Plus, I was introduced to a new brand. I've seen French Connection ads before, but this was my first experience with their clothes and I'm pretty pleased!

Theory Valence Pants: Initially, I was skeptical about the rolled cuffs, but they actually don't look bad. I like the color and cut of these pants, even though they're a bit too casual for my office. You can't tell from the photo, but these were tight in the waist for me, so I didn't keep them.


French Connection Edelweiss T-Shirt: High quality fabric and good fit, but this pattern looks just a bit off on me.

Joie Sweater Top: I would need a boat to accessorize this top. Definitely not my style.

French Connection Sleeveless V-Neck: Really wanted to like this one. Silky soft material, lovely lavendar color. However, the puffy pleats in front actually are not sewn to the shirt, but hang loose and fall open while I'm moving, which looks rather bad. Conceptually a neat style, just did not work on me.

Theory "Betty" Sheath Dress: Generally I like Theory, but this dress does not fit me well. Shoulders and chest are way off, gives me an overall boxy shape.

Trina Turk Sweater Top: Wasn't sure about this one until I tried it on. Lightweight, comfortable, perfect length and just loose enough to be carefree, but not sloppy. Trina Turk does it again!

A complete Theory outfit!

Theory Gabe Blazer: Great around the shoulders, chest and waist. But look at those sleeves! Way too long for me.

Theory Sorcha Top: The dusty rose is almost too close to skin color. This is a comfortable shirt, though it's a bit loose and baggy on me. The jacket hides that. It's a neutral piece that's good for layering, but not something I need.

Theory "Julienna" Pants: These pants have a slight sateen shimmer that isn't captured in the photo. As with most pants, they're too long, but the waist and thighs fit well and the inner lining makes it very comfortable. I bought a pair of solid black pants in the last box, so skipped them in this round.


Not pictured:
Elie Tahari "Emory" Dress: Too small for me. I couldn't even zip the darn thing! I don't think I would have kept it - it's this dress and the pattern isn't very appealing to me.

Theory Mauritius Navy Pants: The opposite problem here - these were too big! They have a more casual look and fit like loose khakis. The waist was fine, but the legs were too wide and had a parachute effect.

Printed Village Printed Scarf: HUGE scarf! Probably around 60 inches long, in a really awesome black/white geometric tribal pattern. I really wanted to keep this, but I don't wear such accessories often and couldn't justify owning something that would just look pretty in the closet.

Geranium Jewelry Ball Stud Earrings: They made a major mistake and sent these even though my ears are not pierced (and it explicitly states that in my profile). The earrings are quite pretty and prompted me to look up this brand online. I think I might buy some of their other products, based on the quality and design of the earrings. So it wasn't a complete waste!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just came across your posts, and I know Cakestyle is no longer around and it seems like you really enjoyed their service! I wanted to let you know about Front Door Fashion which is a similar service if you are interested. www.frontdoorfashion.com