May 4, 2013

March 2013 Eco-Emi Box

Review of the March 2013 Eco Emi box! All products listed below are linked on their site.

Theraganics: Almond Oatmeal Soap - Very faint, slight buttery scent, quite soothing. The oatmeal bits are not too harsh. Leaves my skin feeling clean, but doesn't moisturize too well.

Natural Heavenly Beauty: Lavender Vanilla Shea Butter Moisturizer - Thick dense cream that is hard and waxy. It takes some time to warm up, in order for the cream to be pliable enough to apply. Smells divine, a relaxing natural lavendar scent layered over sweet bakery fresh vanilla. But also leaves a greasy film over my skin.

Belle’s Healing Solutions: Lavender Lip Balm - Really strong herbal lavender smell. Goes on nice and soft.

Home Free: Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies - Crunchy bite sized cookies. Taste like generic store cookies.

Dr Hauschka: Rejuvenating Mask - Creamy thick mask which left my face a little dry. It did not crack or pinch like some other masks I've tried. However, I don't think it helped my skin feel better, so not a product I would buy more of.

Rockin Green: Smashing Watermelon Detergent - This smells awesome, but the instructions are convoluted and require way too many cycles. The recommended washing steps include one cold wash, then another hot wash, THEN another double rinse. Seems like an enormous waste of water and not something I want to deal with. While the detergent is biodegradable and made of eco friendly components, all those wash cycles seem far worse for the environment.

The All Natural Face: Glazed Strawberries Lip Gloss - Nice sparkly ruby red. Good quality gloss, but the strawberry scent is artificial and a little sour, so not for me.

Teatulia: Organic Bengal Breakfast - Mellow and smooth, with a subtle aroma. This drinks more like a light oolong rather than traditional black breakfast tea. It's pleasant and not too strong.

Blissoma: Rejuvenating Herbal Gel Cleanser & Makeup Remover - This gel smells really weird, almost like old cooking oil. Once I got past the smell, it does work very well, removing grease and dirt, while being gentle on skin. It did not moisturize, though, so I had to apply lotion afterwards. Nice product, but I don't think I'll get used to the smell.

No comments: